Brazilian models are known for their ageless appearances. Supermodel Gisele Bündchen is nearing 40, but hardly looks 30. Meanwhile, Adriana Lima, who could pass for a university student, is actually 37 years old and has been a Victoria’s Secret Angel since 1999! Is it just genetics keeping these women young and vibrant? Are the rest of us incapable of achieving such flawless skin?
No! Just like everyone else, Brazilian models have to work to keep their skin healthy; they’re just especially knowledgeable!
Brazilian skincare secrets come down to three things: healthy lifestyle, natural ingredients, and a bit of innovative thinking.
Healthy Habits for Healthy Skin:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water throughout the day so your skin can glow from the inside out. Many models and celebrities swear by coconut water for tasty hydration after light workouts.
- Eat clean. A greasy hamburger every once in awhile is fine, but you should aim to eat foods rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E.
- Exercise! By easing stress and stimulating better blood flow, regular exercise is an often overlooked remedy for common skin problems.
Natural Ingredients from the Amazon Rainforest:
- Açai stem cells, along with other plant stem cells, fight against extrinsic stress, and açai berries are especially rich in antioxidants!
- Camu camu is great for your immune system and your skin. A single camu camu berry has 30-60 times the amount of vitamin C found in an orange!
- Forget a surgical facelift! Acacia gum topicals will firm and plump your skin, lessening the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Skincare Tips Directly from Brazilian Models:
- Camila Coutinho says her grandmother advised her to moisturize not just her face, but also her neck, chest, and hands because “When these body parts get old, there is no plastic surgery that can rejuvenate them!”
- To get rid of dark circles, Victoria Brito places slices of raw potatoes on her eyes!
- Lais Ribeiro always removes her makeup immediately after a photoshoot to keep her skin fresh and healthy.
Anyone can adopt a Brazilian model skincare routine! All you need are good, all-natural products and the mindset that it’s not necessarily about making your skin look better, it’s about making sure your skin is cared for.