Fruits such as apple, mangoes, strawberry and many more are not only delicious but also come in handy when it comes to snacks. They are as versatile as they are nutritious.
- Are you hungry? Why not grab a pudding.
- Thirsty? Fruit smoothie to the rescue!
- Looking to achieve a healthy and glowing face? Fruit face masks are exactly what you need! Yes, it is possible to make an organic facemask from fruits.
Bananas, in particular, make a very effective organic face mask. What are the benefits of a banana facemask? Which are some of the DIY banana face masks you can make at the comfort of your home? Keep reading to find out!
Benefits of a banana face mask
Bananas contain essential minerals and vitamins that are important for a healthy skin. Irrespective of whether you have an oily, dry or sensitive skin, your skin will always benefit from an organic face mask made of bananas. Here are some benefits of a banana face mask.
- Rejuvenates and repairs damaged skin- bananas contain vitamin A that helps to restore moisture in the skin. They are also rich in anti-oxidants that not only get rid of dead skin cells but also rejuvenate the skin.
- Treats acne- this is made possible by the Vitamin A in the fruit.
- Reduces irritation and inflammation-bananas improves the natural healing response of the skin, making it easy for the skin to heal faster when inflamed or irritated.
- Helps to get rid of brown spots- bananas contain vitamin C that helps reduce the visibility of brown spots. They also boost the production of collagen that is crucial for firm skin.
- Gives one a youthful look- a banana facemask contains anti-ageing properties. The huge amounts of manganese and ant oxides in the bananas protect your face from wrinkles and premature ageing. The mask also has hydrating properties that will prevent your skin from drying. A banana facemask will help you achieve a smooth, soft and glowing skin. The best part is that it works for all types of skin!
5 super easy DIY banana facemasks
The best part about using an organic face mask made of bananas is that you can do it at the comfort of your home! These face masks are super easy to use and all you will require is a bunch of bananas and various common household products. Here are 5 DIY banana facemasks that you can easily make!
- Banana and avocado: While bananas have some cleansing properties, avocados have moisturizing ones. This facemask will leave you with a clean supple skin. You just have to mash one ripe banana with a half avocado and then apply the mixture to your face. Leave it on for around twenty minutes before rinsing it off.
- Banana and coconut oil: Coconut oil works wonders on the face. When mixed with bananas, it gives you the ultimate face mask. Mix a table spoon of melted coconut oil to mashed ripe banana. You should then apply this mixture to your face and leave on for about half an hour and then rinse it off.
- Banana and honey: Honey has moisturizing properties that supplement the cleansing properties of the banana. Add a tablespoon of honey to a mashed ripe banana. Gently apply this mixture on your face and rinse after 15 minutes.
- Banana and baking soda (or turmeric): For this mask, you could either use turmeric or baking soda. Turmeric has antibacterial properties while baking soda has cleansing properties. You should add ? teaspoon of either to a mashed ripe banana and apply on your face. Leave on for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Banana and plain yoghurt: Ensure that you only use plain yoghurt for the best results. Plain yoghurt contains anti-inflammatory properties that come in handy when one is suffering from post-acne irritation. Add 1/3 cup of plain yoghurt to mashed ripe banana and then apply on your face. Leave it on for about 15 minutes then rinse. There are many benefits and ways to incorporate fruits into your skin care.
One of those ways is by making an organic face mask from bananas. Your face deserves special care as some skins can be very sensitive. Sometimes all you need is a homemade DIY mask to give you that glowing look. It doesn’t even cost much. Most of these ingredients are already in your kitchen!