The normal tea bags that you otherwise use to make your favorite beverage might just be what your face needs.
How to Use Tea Bags to Remove Eye Bags
There are two different approaches here. You can use normal tea bags or use green tea bags. It’s only a matter of preference but each of these two options requires a different procedure. So let’s start with the normal tea bags.
Get some two tea bags and warm water.
- Soak the two tea bags in the warm water for about five minutes.
- With your eyes shut place the warm tea bags over your eyelids.
- Cover these tea bags with some soft cloth then let them stay in that position for about thirty minutes.
- Repeat these procedures a few times per day. The eye bags will soon start vanishing.
What makes this simple procedure work? It’s the caffeine in the tea which actually helps to minimize the swelling caused by the accumulation of fluids in the respective areas.
Green Tea Bags
Unlike the earlier procedure mentioned above here, you use green tea bags and cold water, in fact, very cold water. So what do you need other than the two green tea bags?
- Refrigerate the two tea bags and place them on your eyelids for about 15 minutes or so.
- Wash your face with some cold water and pat try (don’t rub your face with a towel).
- For faster results repeat this procedure several times a day and that’s it.
What makes this procedure equally effective? It’s the antioxidants in green tea that rejuvenate the skin around the eyes and help to reduce redness, swelling, and puffiness of your retina. Green tea contains tannins which help minimize eye inflammation.
Using tea bags is just one of the proven ways of achieving a more youthful and robust facial appearance. Remember it’s always advisable to seek your dermatologist’s opinion before you use any of the tools and treatments discussed here.