Fruits in face masks are vital in your natural beauty since they nourish and keep your skin gorgeous. They are very effective in dealing with different types of skin ailments. Fruits contain enzymes that exfoliate your skin leaving it glowing and bright.
Fruits contain minerals, vitamins, anti-oxidants and exfoliating acids that are good for your skin. Organic face masks from fruits can help reduce inflammation, unclog pores and brighten your skin tone. Regular use of organic masks can help lighten hyperpigmentation from age spots, acne, and dark tans.
Watermelon Face Mask Water is known to facilitate weight loss because it doesn’t contain any fats and is rich in water. However, this summer fruit has many beauty benefits. It is a natural toner and a good anti-oxidant that helps prevent aging. It is rich in vitamin A that helps treat oily skin.
Watermelon has a lot of water which cleans and hydrates the skin leaving it shiny and glowing. The fruit is available and cheap. Here are some of the ingredients that are found in watermelons.
- Vitamin A: Enhances cell division and heals dry skin.
- Water: It locks in moisture and hydrates your skin. It also reduces oiliness by regulating sebum production.
- Vitamin B6: Boosts skin cell formation. It also keeps your skin healthy and moisturized.
- Vitamin C: Necessary for collagen production. It protects the skin from premature aging.
- Potassium: Hydrates, moisturizes and treats dry and itchy skin.
- Calcium: Enhances collagen production, boosts skin elasticity and also protects you from free radical activities.
- Magnesium: Slows skin aging and gives you a youthful radiant skin.
- Lycopene: This natural pigment that gives watermelons its color is a natural sunscreen that protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
Watermelon Face Mask Recipes
Mash or blend your watermelon until you get a smooth puree. Take one spoon of the watermelon puree and mix it a teaspoon of yogurt and mix them thoroughly. You face mask will ready for application.
How To Apply
- Ensure that your face is clean and dry. This enables the watermelon mask to penetrate deeper.
- Use a face mask brush to scoop up the mask and start applying it on the face, neck, and hands.
- Allow the face mask to dry for approximately 10 mins.
- Rinse off the dried up mask with clean water.
- Use a towel to dry your face
It is advisable that you use plain, unsweetened, unflavored yogurt for better results. You can use a cotton pad if you don’t have a face mask brush. Remember to save the watermelon rinds and rub them on your skin before you take a shower. This will refresh and moisturize your skin.
Watermelon and Banana Face Mask
Bananas contain important nutrients that can help fight skin oiliness and acne. It also reduces inflammation of the skin. Combining banana with watermelon will yield very good results on your skin. This face mask is ideal for people with acne-prone and inflamed skin. This face mask is good for people with dry skin.
You will need 2 teaspoons of white wine, 1 teaspoon of watermelon puree, 1 teaspoon of mashed banana and 2 teaspoons of honey. Use a high-speed blender to mix all the ingredients until you get a smooth paste.
Apply this paste on your clean and dry face and neck. Ensure that the paste doesn’t enter into your eyes. Wait for 15 minutes before you wash it off with clean and cold water.
Watermelon and Honey Face Mask
Honey is a natural humectant and therefore helps lock in moisture in your skin cells. It is also a good toner and helps reduce the appearance of dark spots, blemishes and acne scars.
Mix 1 teaspoon of watermelon puree with a teaspoon of honey in a clean bowl until you get a smooth paste.
Apply the paste on your face and take while ensuring that it doesn’t get into your eyes. Wait for 25 minutes before you rinse it off with clean and cool water.
There are many benefits and ways of incorporating fruits such as banana, watermelon, coconut, etc. into your skin care. The procedures are very simple and don’t take a lot of time. All you have to do is find the best mix and procedure for your skin. When it comes to face masks, an organic face mask is the best for you.