Why use Honey? Honey is known to have antibacterial properties which make it the best product to fight off acne and skin flaws naturally. Honey also has antioxidant properties which help keep the free radicals away that are responsible for damaging your skin. It also has humectant that works by moisturizing your skin and keep it hydrated for a smooth feel.
We all think that spending money on expensive skincare products keeps our skin healthy forgetting that honey comes with a much more bigger package. Treating your skin with a homemade honey face mask regularly can help you get a healthy and attractive look to your skin.
Below are some simple DIY honey mask recipes to help you get started:
Honey face mask for acne
When going for the elimination of acne experts recommend that you use baking soda which is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties alongside exfoliate lemon juice. When making this face mask combine the three ingredients.
Ingredients to used:
- Exfoliate lemon juice
- Baking soda
- Add a teaspoon of lemon in baking soda and honey mixture
- Mix it well until it forms a paste
- Apply the paste gently on your face and neck and let it settle for 10 minutes or so.
- Avoid applying the mixture around your eyes since lemon has a stinging effect.
- After that rinse your face with warm clean water and then finalize by using cold water.
Honey face mask for sensitive skin
As mentioned earlier honey has the properties of fighting free radicals which are responsible for skin damage. With the additional properties of anti-inflammation, the combination of honey and green tea will work wonders on your skin.
For his honey face mask you need:
- Matcha powder
- Sweet almond or jojoba oil
- Properly mix one teaspoon of matcha powder with one teaspoon of jojoba oil or almond oil.
- In the bowl add one tablespoon of honey and mix properly.
- Apply the paste on your face and wait for about 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse your face with clean warm water.
Honey face mask for dry skin
Combining avocado and honey gives your skin a hydrated feeling which is all you need for dry skin. Having that and adding ground almonds in the mixture gives the skin the healing it needs since the nuts contains fatty acids that give your skin the smooth feeling.
For this face mask you need:
- Smashed avocado
- Finely ground almond nuts
- In a bowl mix, a quarter smashed avocado and one tablespoon for both the honey and well ground almond nuts.
- Mix it properly until you get a fine paste.
- Apply the mixture on your face and neck and leave it to settle for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your face with warm water.
Here are some great benefits of using the honey face mask that you would like to know:
Healing and repair of the skin.
When it comes to repairing the skin, the antioxidants in honey help tighten and repair the skin, and they even provide additional protection against damage caused by oxidative and environmental changes.
Natural treatment for sunburns.
We all are exposed to the harmful UV rays from the sun which may react with our skin causing burns. Honey is known to contain soothing properties which help reduce the effects of sunburns. Honey on the skin affected by sunburn can rehydrate the deeper layers of the skin and regenerate burnt skin.
Gives you skin glow.
There is no doubt that honey is full of natural enzymes and necessary nutrients that help to effectively heal and nourish skin health. Honey is a natural source that helps maintain the natural beauty by providing the necessary moisture to add extra shine to your skin.
Ideal for the treatment of acne.
Honey has several good chemical properties that make it a natural antibacterial agent. When it comes to skincare, honey is a good source for preventing and effectively curing acne without damaging the skin. If you focus on relieving the irritation and redness of your skin, the anti-inflammatory properties of honey are also helpful.
Reduces premature aging.
Honey contains a large number of essential antioxidants that work effectively as an anti-aging solution and reduce premature signs of aging. Honey also helps to strengthen the skin of the face to keep it firm.
Helps to clean dirt deep in the pores.
Open and dirty pores are the main problem with skin problems. Therefore, enzymes in honey play an important role in pore cleansing as they act as natural cleansers.
There are a lot more ingredients than honey that are usually used in creating face masks. It all depends on what your facial skin needs!
See more: Face Masks using Turmeric