Under eye bags are stubborn, appearing on the worst possible days and staying persistently puffy and dark even with the heaviest of concealers. The eyes are the first spot where many people start to notice fine lines and wrinkles, and under eye bags only add to the aging effect these lines have on your face. It’s frustrating to have tired-looking, prematurely aging skin around your eyes when in every other way you’re youthful and energized.
With so many commercial treatments and creams falling flat, you might have lost hope that there really is an effective puffy eyes remedy out there. But don’t give up just yet! There are solutions, and they don’t require expensive cosmetic treatments or trips to the dermatologists. Learn all about the best treatments for dark circles under the eyes, how to get rid of under eye bags instantly, and how to prevent them in the future:
What Causes Under Eye Bags?
The skin around your eyes is delicate and much thinner than other areas of your face, and whether or not you realize it, your eyes do a lot of work throughout the day: squinting, blinking, crinkling when you laugh and so much more! These minor movements will eventually affect your skin, creating fine lines and sagging which only makes it more dramatic and noticeable. As you age, your skin and underlying muscles will naturally weaken, allowing normal fat that helps support your eyes to move into your lower eyelids. Additionally, genetic factors, UV rays from the sun, other types of extrinsic stress, and your lifestyle choices can all contribute to creating bags under your eyes.
Too Little Sleep
Lack of sleep is one of the biggest lifestyle factors contributing to swollen eyes and bags under the eyes. Missing out on a good night’s rest can cause the blood vessels underneath that thin skin to dilate, creating the characteristic dark circles, as well as allowing additional fluid to rest in your lower lid area.
Too Much Sleep
Complicating matters more, getting too much sleep can also lead to puffy eyelids and eye bags. Fluids will naturally settle under your eyes when you sleep, but the key to not having swollen eyes all day long is to not have too much fluid accumulate overnight. Dilated blood vessels from too little sleep can create too much fluid, but oversleeping can allow the usual fluid to gather for too long, making it take longer throughout the day for it to dissipate. We told you under eye bags are stubborn!
Dehydration and improper nutrition are other frequent culprits. Without drinking enough water throughout the day, your skin will lose some of its volume, causing the skin under your eyes to sag and hollow out. Although not swollen, this sagging skin will create a similar under-eye area bag effect, as well as create noticeable shadows under your eyes.
Additionally, being protein-deficient can cause sagging skin, since you won’t have the proper building blocks for your skin to create collagen and elastin, the two proteins responsible for your skin’s elasticity and plumpness. Sun damage will also break down your skin’s collagen and elastin, further exacerbating the problem.
Allergies, colds, sinus infections, and any other conditions that cause swelling in your sinus area can also contribute to it. If you experience any of these conditions, you’re probably already well-aware of the effects, but here’s an additional tip: swelling can come for irritants besides allergens—for example, makeup. Even makeup for sensitive skin can irritate your eyes when you wear it overnight, so always remember to thoroughly remove your makeup before going to bed!
Lastly, bags under eyes and dark circles can be hereditary. If you have darker skin, you may have inherited hyperpigmentation underneath your eyes, which creates the illusion of under eye bags even when they’re not really there. If either of your parents had bags under their eyes, then chances are you will too. Some of us are unlucky enough to either be particularly prone to fluid accumulation in our lower lids or have excess tissue beneath our eyes. In this case, your best chance for fighting genetics is to make use of effective, dermatologist-recommended eye creams and ensure you do not aggravate the skin around your eyes even more with unhealthy sleep patterns or poor diet.
Eye Bags Treatment
So we now know that many things can cause it, but how do we get rid of bags under eyes? Is there a one-size-fits-all treatment? Yes, actually! Even better, you have several methods to try out at home that can prevent and get rid of bags under your eyes, whatever their cause.
How to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags Instantly in 60 Seconds!
We know—an instant eye bag removal cream sounds like something out of your wildest skin care dreams. But your dreams have become reality with Bratoxinsta!
Bratoxinsta is an innovative, anti-aging serum designed to tighten and smooth your skin, significantly reducing the appearance of fine lines, sagging skin, and, yes, under eye bags too! This serum is as close to instant as possible, taking as little as 60 seconds to see visible results. An independent clinical study of bratoxinsta conducted in December 2018 showed that subjects had 97% tighter skin in under 60 seconds and a 70% decrease in the appearance of under eye bags.
Bratoxinsta uses naturally-derived ingredients found in the Brazilian Amazon Rainforest that hydrate, tighten, smooth, and protect your skin:
Extract from Chondrus Crispus or “Irish Sea Moss” contributes essential minerals to your skin, including sulfur, iodine, magnesium, and selenium as well Vitamin C, calcium, and proteins. It helps to maintain the overall health of your skin while improving its appearance by hydrating and plumping. Chondrus Crispus extract is also known for its ability to block UV rays, making it an effective barrier for your skin and a frequently-used component in sunscreens.
Magnesium aluminum silica is the key to Bratoxinsta’s fast-acting effects. This mineral from purified and refined clay is often underutilized in skin care products, typically being relegated to a filler and thickener, since it can help active ingredients spread evenly and smoothly across the skin. This quality is what also makes it an excellent anti-aging ingredient; when magnesium aluminum silica is included in clinical doses, it creates a fine mineral layer over the skin, instantly filling in wrinkles and fine lines and tightening the skin. It gives an instant, airbrushed appearance to the skin that can last up to 8 hours. Meanwhile, under this protective mineral layer, the other ingredients have time to be absorbed into the skin and get to work eliminating fine lines permanently!
Peptides became an overnight sensation in anti-aging skin care, and rightfully so, since these powerful molecules have been known to create similar effects to Botox treatments. Working together in a well-balanced peptide complex, this ingredient temporarily reduces muscle contractions under the skin just as Botox does, but without needles or total facial muscle paralysis that can result in a drastic, expression-changing effect. As a result, the skin around your eyes (and other facial areas where we find early signs of aging) can relax and pump the brakes on wrinkle-development. In addition, the skin is tightened and firmed, making peptides an excellent puffy eyes remedy and eye bags treatment.
The last active ingredient, but certainly not least important, is an açai stem cell complex. Stem cells from the Brazilian superfruit açai deliver powerful antioxidant protection to your skin, defending it from natural extrinsic stress that leads to signs of aging. The complex can slow the aging process of your skin and rejuvenate its overall appearance as it protects you from future damage.
To get rid of bags under eyes instantly, Bratoxinsta is the best remedy; it works for all ages, skin types, and can be applied as needed. The effects of this instant removal cream can last approximately 8 hours, reducing eye bags all day long, no matter how much sleep you get (or whose genes you inherited).
Click Here to Get Your bratoxinsta at 40% OFF
How to Prevent Under Eye Bags, Dark Circles, and Puffiness
If you want to stop bags, dark circles, and puffiness from forming under your eyes, you can apply Bratoxinsta daily, or you can try these routines to see which works best for you:
- Apply a Cold Compress: If you know you’ll have to pull an all-nighter, prepare your eyes for the long night of work ahead of them. Applying a cold compress can make your blood vessels contract, reducing dark circles and swelling. You can make a cold compress for your eyes at home using a teaspoon or a wet washcloth. Whichever you choose, place it in the freezer until cold, approximately ten minutes or more. Then wrap the compress with a soft cloth to prevent it from being too cold. To preemptively address under eye bags and dark circles (and wake you up a little!) apply your compress for a few minutes at a time throughout the night. You can also prepare the compress ahead of time to have it ready in the morning.
- Stay Hydrated: As we already discussed, dehydration is one of the many causes. Water makes up 60% of your body, and slackening of your skin is one of the first physical signs that you’re chronically under-hydrated. Increasing your water intake can help your skin look full and healthy. Experts recommend that men drink an average of 13 cups of water a day and women drink an average of 9 cups a day. If you find it hard to get through that much water in a day, try mixing things up with flavored water, sparkling water, or decaffeinated tea.
- Eat Less Salt: On the flip side, salt contributes to fluid retention in your body, causing not just swelling of the eyes, but water weight elsewhere on your body. Cutting back on salty foods can help reduce under eye bags for the long-term. Plus, ingesting less salt can make you healthier overall. Read the labels on packaged foods carefully!
- Take an Antihistamine: If you find you have more prominent under eye bags during certain seasons, allergies might be the main culprit. Try taking an over-the-counter antihistamine to see if it clears your sinuses and reduces facial swelling, especially of your lower lids. Keep in mind that allergens can come in the form of cosmetic products, so if the problem persists or you have other symptoms of an allergic reaction such as a rash, consider taking a closer look at your cosmetic products.
- Wear Sunscreen: To prevent premature aging that can weaken your skin leading to sagging under-eyes, wear sunscreen on a daily basis—even on rainy days and in the winter.
- Make Healthier Choices: Under eye bags and dark circles can also be prevented if you start making healthier choices for your body. Quitting smoking, drinking less alcohol, eating better, and prioritizing sleep are all ways you can help improve your overall skin health.
Prevention can go a long way to keeping your eyes looking young and energized, but when you’re in need of a quick, on-the-go solution, the best treatment for dark circles and under-eye bags is Bratoxinsta. Inclusive and all-encompassing, Bratoxinsta is an effective remedy for all of the causes of under eye bags—and you’ll be able to have the youthful, bright eyes instantly!