According to many researches, eye bags are the most common skin problem which more than 60% of the world’s population faces. There are many natural remedies, over-the-counter and prescribed medications and products that claim to remove eye bags for good. However, it is not easy to remove them. Even with regular application of such remedies and medicines/products, it tends to come back. But all hopes are not lost, as there is a certain way by which you can not only minimize or reduce your eye bags, but also eliminate them.
Here we will discuss how to remove eye bags using coconut oil in the affected area.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil is good fats and a super-food which makes sure that the food you are preparing is healthy and nutritious.
- Adding coconut oil to your diet will help you to lose weight, kill off any harmful fungi, viruses, bacteria and lower your cholesterol level.
- It is also known for aiding in better brain functions.
- If you apply coconut oil on your hair, it will nourish your hair and make it healthy-looking and shiny.
- It is considered as an effective and natural skin moisturizer as well.
So, it is not a surprise that it can help to reduce eye bags and even dark circles.
Using Coconut Oil to Remove Eye Bags
Before mentioning how to remove eye bags with coconut oil, it is important to state that you need to buy virgin coconut oil for this purpose. They are available in local and online stores at affordable prices. Just make sure that it is 100% natural or organic.
- Once you get your hands on some good quality virgin coconut oil, remove your make up and excess oil and dirt before bed with a mild cleanser.
- After washing the foam off with warm water, take only a dime-sized dollop of the oil in your hand and wait for your body heat to melt it a bit.
- After the oil gets ready to be applied, dab small quantity of it on the affected area from the inner to outer corner of the eye.
- After it dries off, leave it as it is and go to bed.
- You can rinse the oil in the morning by following your usual morning skin care routine.
How does it work?
- This oil has anti-inflammation properties due to the presence of lauric acid and other such components which can effectively reduce your puffy eye bags. Coconut oil can provide medium chain fatty acid (around 85%) which allows the oil to easily penetrate the skin underneath the eye and work it magic. Thus, using coconut oil provides a quick result.
- Coconut oil is extracted from the kernel of a coconut, meaning it is extracted from the flesh of the coconut. It is 100% natural which means it is free from any kind of harmful artificial additives. So, even if you have sensitive skin, there won’t be any kind of reaction when this oil is applied around the eye region.
- It actually helps in cell turnover process which thickens the skin around the eye and make the skin barrier stronger than before (the skin gets thinner due to ageing which leads to eye bags, fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles formation).
- The moisturizing and nourishing effect of this oil (due to the presence of Vitamin E) will make the skin around the eye area smooth and soft as well and eliminate the tired and dull look which are associated with having eye bags.
- Here it should be mentioned that the antioxidant properties of this natural oil can help the skin to deal with sun damage and free radicals. In fact, it will also lighten the skin making it also effective in removing dark circles along with eye bags.
Using coconut oil regularly can eventually eliminate your eye bags. However, if they are still present then it probably means you might have any medical or genetic issue which are causing the eye bags. You should consult a skin expert and they will guide you on how to remove eye bags with medicines, eye bags removal products like serum, ointment or cream and medical procedures.